Cumin seeds -2 tbsp
Onion – 1 medium
Ghee( Clarified Butter) -1 tbsp
Green Chillies -3 no.s
Cinnamon stick – 2 no.s
Green Cardamom -3 no.s
Bay leaves- 3 no.s
Dhagad phool – 1 tbsp
Salt – As required
Rice- 2 cups
1) Soak rice for at least 30 minutes.
3) Take a wide and large pan, Add ghee, once the ghee is hot add soaked cumin seeds, thinly sliced onions , chilli , ginger-garlic paste and fry them for a while until the raw smell is gone. Turn off the flame.
4) In an another large sauce pot, add water around 6-7 cups, add whole garam masala, fistful of salt and wait until the water to boil.
5) Add soaked rice to the water and let the rice cook completely in the water, turn of the flame, and transfer the rice using a strainer to the other pan where onions and the other masala are done. Turn on the pan, and cook until all spices are blended.
6) check the salt, and add salt if necessary.
Serve it hot with dal or any non- veg curry
You can cook this recipe by using absorption method , for every 2 cups of rice add 3 cups of water.
Have a great weekend ahead.