Chicken -500 gms. (1lb)
Ginger-garlic paste -1 tbsp
Tomatoes -2 medium size
Coriander powder -1tbsp
Cumin powder -1tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder -2 tbsp
Garam masala -1tsp
Fresh cream -1tsp
Salt to taste.
1) thinly slice the onions,tomatoes and keep them aside.
2) Blanch the spinach in hot water for 2-3 minutes.
3) Blend the spinach into smooth paste.
1)Heat the oil in a wide pan, Once the oil is hot add onions, and fry them till they become translucent.
2) AddGinger-Garlic paste and thinly sliced tomatoes to the pan and add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and give a quick mix and let the mixture cook and the tomatoes disappear.
3) Add chicken pieces to the pan and fry them for a minute and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and give it a stir.
4) Close the lid and cook them for 15 minutes on a medium flame until the chicken is almost done.
5) Add spinach paste,mix it very well and don’t close the lid of the pan it will result in change in color of the spinach.
6) Cook for 15 minutes in open pan on a low flame.
7) Add garam masala and mix it properly.Add
8) Once the chicken is cooked completely add fresh cream to it and turn off the flame.
Note: One can add coco powder to the recipe before you add chicken to the pan.
You can blend the onions for extra silky gravy.
Have a great week ahead.